Real World Results of Utility Financials Accelerator
HPA America’s Utility Financials Accelerator delivers positive, substantive results for management, finance, and operations departments at utility companies running SAP.
- Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) wanted to enhance its processes of categorizing and reporting accounting data, and selected HPC Utility Financials Accelerator to deliver greater automation and less reliance on external Excel files outside of SAP. Just nine months after project kickoff, PHI and HPC achieved all of the initial objectives. Read the complete case study to learn more about the innovations HPC brought to PHI.
- Trans Bay Cable (TBC) chose HPC America to lead its SAP implementation and provide ongoing AMS due to the company's unrivaled knowledge of the IS-U/FERC module. HPC not only completed TBC's fundamental SAP installation in just three months, but also managed a uniquely comprehensive conversion that included six years' worth of master records and individual transactions to SAP. Read the complete TBC case study.
- Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (NTUA) owned SAP’s IS-U/FERC module, but like many resource-constrained utilities, did not have the internal knowledge to implement it fully. Faced with increasingly stringent reporting requirements from the Rural Utilities Service (RUS), NTUA looked to HPC America and its UFA solution to deliver the financial data required to satisfy regulators and enhance its daily operations. HPC completed the project ahead of schedule and under budget, and NTUA can now submit accurate RUS reports on time—and pull detailed P&L data on-demand. Read the full NTUA case study.
- Arizona Electric Power Cooperative (AEPCO) had not installed the IS-U/FERC module during its original go-live. As part of its upgrade to SAP ERP 2005, the company decided to implement the FERC module, but subsequently realized that it would not facilitate RUS reporting. AEPCO engaged HPC to implement Utility Financials Accelerator, which HPC configured to account for each of AEPCO’s power stations in a manner compliant with RUS Form 12 for generation utilities. As a result, executive management also now has clear monthly earnings reports that show net income in terms of functional activities such as generation, transmission, administrative and general, maintenance, and capital. Read the full AEPCO case study.
- Tacoma Power needed to catch up in delivering its FERC financial statements, and its SAP IS-U/FERC module was not configured optimally. HPC led a successful re-implementation of the FERC module and also installed its Utility Financials Accelerator solution. Now, Tacoma Power has a smoothly running FERC module and can close its books accurately in just 15 minutes each month. HPC’s solution also eliminated trace errors that plagued the prior system.
To discuss your organization’s needs and learn more about our Nuclear Analytics solution, please contact us online or call us at (925) 831-4765 or toll-free at (800) HPC-9392.