When we are engaged to manage the implementation of Utility Financials Accelerator in a utility already running SAP and the IS-U/FERC module, we typically complete the project in three to six months. During this period, we perform the following steps:
- Assessment. We evaluate all of your reporting requirements, including the chart of accounts required by FERC, RUS, NARUC and other agencies by jurisdiction for state and federal fillings.
- Optimization. We complete or optimize your general ledger accounts and the existing regulatory configuration you currently have; then we add our HPC Utility Financials Accelerator (UFA) solution on top of your existing or new SAP FERC module for seamless integration and trouble-free monthly closings.
- Interactive P&L. We add a powerful, fully integrated and interactive Profit and Loss Statement with our exclusive e-Folder Drill-Down (built on SAP’s ALV technology) that enables you to click from net income to all supporting documents.
- Testing. We implement an instance of HPC UFA in a development environment, conduct exhaustive back-end and user testing, and provide full documentation so your IT department can review the ABAP code that hooks into your existing SAP installation.
- Conversion. We take all existing Plant Maintenance (PM), Controlling (CO) internal orders, Networks, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) objects and tag them with new regulatory indicators required by your regulators for functional cost reporting for operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge Transfer. We train your internal team on the monthly closing process, as well as the processes to maintain the regulatory translation tables in the future.
Our solution and services are ideal for both single- and multi-utility environments. If your organization includes electric, gas, water, wastewater, or other utilities, with separate regulatory accounts and reports, we can facilitate their co-existence within your existing code structure and chart of accounts. We’ll make it easy for you to break out the specific data you need for regulatory reporting.
HPC America also offers rate case preparation and rate setting services, in which we mine your SAP R/3, ERP, or BI system for the cost of service data required for base year submissions and data requests to regulatory agencies.
To discuss your organization’s professional services needs, please contact us online or call us at (925) 831-4765.