For utilities on SAP, SAP C/4HANA Cloud for Customer, formerly known as “SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer” and “SAP C4C,” is one of the most valuable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. We’ve spent the last 18 months testing and supporting C4C through our leadership of the first-ever integration of SAP C/4HANA with an on-premises IS-U billing module at a utility company in the United States.
SAP C/4HANA Case Study
Navajo Tribal Utility Authority (NTUA) had a mandate to implement a new call center to increase operational efficiency and improve customer satisfaction across its 27,000 square mile territory. In April 2017, NTUA made a cutting-edge choice: rather than implement an on-premises CRM that would further stretch its IT resources, the call center would use SAP C/4HANA Cloud for Customer connected to the utility’s on-prem ECC 6.0/IS-U system via SAP Cloud Platform middleware. Nine months after kickoff, NTUA became the first utility in the U.S. to put such a system into production. Read our blog series about implementing SAP C4C. and download the NTUA SAP C/4HANA Cloud for Customer case study.
SAP C/4HANA Demo at 2019 Sapphire
HPC is exhibiting at the 2019 Sapphire Conference in Orlando, Florida from May 7-9. Stop by our booth to learn more about SAP C/HANA integration with IS-U via SAP’s cloud middleware. You can ask as anything you’re thinking about for your own C/4HANA project, and watch a live demo of C/4HANA. Schedule your private SAP C/4HANA demo in advance of the conference.
SAP C/4HANA Implementation Approach
HPC’s implementation process for SAP C/4HANA can include some or all the following steps:
- Evaluate cloud vs. on-premise alternatives, and build the business case for CRM in the cloud
- Lead provisioning effort, including determining the number of users, establishing a connection from the ECC to C/4HANA via middleware (e.g., HCI or PI) and all C4C scoping tasks to activate utility-specific content from the CR&B
- Establish a secure connection using SSL and X.509 certificates
- Set up cloud middleware on the SAP Cloud Platform (Platform-as-a-Service PaaS)
- Evaluate, select and configure uses cases ranging from billing inquiry to move-in/move-out and installment plan activations
- Replication of customer and billing data for testing and production tenants
- Set up synchronous webservice updates between the ECC and C/4HANA
- Configure Communication Arrangements and iFlows
- Identify and configure any required extensions
Learn more about some of our recent SAP C/4HANA (formerly Hybris Cloud for Customer (SAP C4C) implementation work at NTUA. To discuss your own utility’s plans for SAP C/4HANA, please contact us or schedule a private SAP C/4HANA demo.