For utilities on SAP, there are a growing number of opportunities to transition traditionally on-premise solutions to the Cloud. These Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings promise faster innovation cycles and lower total cost of ownership; enable IT departments to deliver a faster time-to-value solution; and provide access anytime from any device with a fresh new user experience.
READ THIS: our blog series about implementing SAP C4C
CS Week: May 1-3 in Tampa, FL – schedule your C4C demo
From HPC’s point of view, one of the most interesting SAP SaaS solutions is Hybris Cloud for Customer, also known as SAP C4C. We’ve spent the last several months testing the product and leading one of the first SAP C4C implementations at a utility company in the United States. SAP Cloud for Customer offers numerous benefits, and we see it as a good first step for utilities that want to both improve their customer service and dip their proverbial toe in the cloud.
CS Week Demonstrations of SAP Cloud for Customer
HPC is exhibiting at CS Week in Tampa, Florida from May 1-3. Stop by Booth #437 to learnmore about SAP C4C integration with IS-U via SAP’s cloud middleware, ask as anything you’re thinking about for your own C4C project, and watch a live demo of C4C. Schedule your private SAP C4C demo in advance of the conference.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer (SAP C4C) Benefits
- Increases visibility into customer status for a broad range of stakeholders within the utility organization
- Provides Web-based, customer service, sales, and social networking functionality
- Integrates seamlessly with the SAP CCS (CR&B) module that many utilities use for billing
- Simplifies the training process and reduces the learning curve for Customer Service Representatives
- Provides an intuitive, Web-based user interface that’s mobile-compatible
- Enables “behind the meter” capabilities, such as sales of smart appliances and warranty services
SAP Cloud for Customer (SAP C4C) Implementation Approach
HPC’s implementation process for SAP C4C includes the following steps:
- Evaluate cloud vs. on-premise alternatives, and build the business case for CRM in the cloud
- Lead provisioning effort, including determining the number of users, establishing a connection from the ECC to C4C via middleware (e.g., HCI or PI) and all C4C scoping tasks to activate utility-specific content from the CR&B
- Establish a secure connection using SSL and X.509 certificates
- Set up cloud middleware on the SAP Cloud Platform (Platform-as-a-Service PaaS)
- Evaluate, select and configure uses cases ranging from billing inquiry to move-in/move-out and installment plan activations
- Replication of customer and billing data for testing and production tenants
- Set up synchronous webservice updates between the ECC and C4C
- Configure Communication Arrangements and iFlows
- Identify and configure any required extensions
Learn more about some of our recent SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer (SAP C4C) implementation work at a utility company. To discuss your own utility’s plans for SAP Hybris, please contact us or schedule a private SAP C4C demo.