For utilities on SAP, there are a growing number of opportunities to transition traditionally on-
premise solutions to the Cloud. These Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings promise faster innovation cycles and lower total cost of ownership; enable IT departments to deliver a faster time-to-value solution; and provide access anytime from any device with a fresh new user experience.
READ THIS: our blog series about implementing SAP C4C
2018 SAP for Utilities: October 15-17 in San Antonio, TX – attend the NTUA C/4HANA case study presentation on Tuesday, October 16 at 2:40pm
From HPC’s point of view, one of the most interesting SAP SaaS solutions is SAP C/4HANA Service Cloud, formerly marketed as “SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer” and “SAP C4C.” We’ve spent the last year testing the product and leading the first-ever integration of SAP C/4HANA with the IS-U at a utility company in the United States. SAP C/4HANA offers numerous benefits, and we see it as a good first step for utilities that want to both improve their customer service and dip their proverbial toe in the cloud.
SAP for Utilities Demonstrations of SAP C/4HANA
HPC is exhibiting at the SAP for Utilities conference in San Antonio, TX from October 15-17. Stop by our booth and attend NTUA’s presentation learn more about SAP C/HANA integration with IS-U via SAP’s cloud middleware. You can ask as anything you’re thinking about for your own C/4HANA project, and watch a live demo of C/4HANA. Schedule your private SAP C/4HANA demo in advance of the conference.
SAP C/4HANA Benefits
- Increases visibility into customer status for a broad range of stakeholders within the utility organization
- Provides Web-based customer service, sales, and social networking functionality
- Integrates seamlessly with the SAP CCS (CR&B) module that many utilities use for billing
- Simplifies the training process and reduces the learning curve for Customer Service Representatives
- Provides an intuitive, Web-based user interface that’s mobile-compatible
- Enables “behind the meter” capabilities, such as sales of smart appliances and warranty services
SAP C/4HANA Implementation Approach
HPC’s implementation process for SAP C/4HANA includes the following steps:
- Evaluate cloud vs. on-premise alternatives, and build the business case for CRM in the cloud
- Lead provisioning effort, including determining the number of users, establishing a connection from the ECC to C/4HANA via middleware (e.g., HCI or PI) and all C4C scoping tasks to activate utility-specific content from the CR&B
- Establish a secure connection using SSL and X.509 certificates
- Set up cloud middleware on the SAP Cloud Platform (Platform-as-a-Service PaaS)
- Evaluate, select and configure uses cases ranging from billing inquiry to move-in/move-out and installment plan activations
- Replication of customer and billing data for testing and production tenants
- Set up synchronous webservice updates between the ECC and C/4HANA
- Configure Communication Arrangements and iFlows
- Identify and configure any required extensions
Learn more about some of our recent SAP C/4HANA (formerly Hybris Cloud for Customer (SAP C4C) implementation work at a utility company. To discuss your own utility’s plans for SAP C/4HANA, please contact us or schedule a private SAP C/4HANA demo.